Services for visiting researchers

The Scientific Visa package helps researchers to obtain a permission to enter, stay and work in the European Union Member States for the purpose of carrying out scientific research.
It is designed to facilitate the process of receiving a residence permit for researchers wishing to carry out short-term (up to 3 months) or long-term (more than 3 months) research in the EU.
It is available for researchers in public and private organizations. Students are not eligible. A researcher is defined as a third-country national holding an appropriate higher education qualification which gives access to doctoral programs, and who is selected by a research organization to carry out a research project for which the above qualification is normally required.
Once you have obtained a researcher residence permit, you will have the same status as the nationals of your host country in terms of wage and working conditions, access to goods and services, recognition of professional qualifications and social security.
A residence permit may be granted to your family members for the duration of your residence permit.